Saturday, January 1, 2011

Let's try this again...

Ok, so I just saw that my last blog was actually 1 year ago and I wrote that I was going to be on here more and more, but actually that ended up being my last blog, haha. Lets try this again :)

This year I have no resolutions and I have not set any sort of expectations at all this year. It seems like when I set them I get disappointed of the things that didn't happen. My verse for this year is Romans 12:2 "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is."
This was in a book I got a few years ago called "Jesus Calling" and it is a daily devotional and this was the verse in there for today. I found it profound for me this year. I went into 2010 with the hopes and expectations of finally getting married and joining that "group" of friends who were off the market and happily married. I was let down around May when I knew that would not happen with the guy I was dating at the time. This morning I realized this is only the second year I have started off as single. The last year was back when I was working up in Temecula. Every other year I have started it in a relationship thinking that that would be the year I would get "the ring" and have always been let down.
This year I am starting it knowing that God is going to start working on me and our relationship and I need to know that is all I need this year! Knowing this, I have faith that He will give me what my heart truly desires at the perfect time.

No comments: