Saturday, January 8, 2011

Am I crazy?!?!

 

Ok so earlier this week I was sitting in my office at work and looking on Facebook on my phone (yep...I like to call it multi tasking) and I saw that my cousin Megan had posted something for a half marathon up in Disneyland.

Now for the past few months Scott, my cousin Megan's husband, has been training to run with Bill and Holly in a 1/2 marathon at the Wild Animal Park (I refuse to call it the San Diego Safari Park as it is now named, just like the Q will always be Jack Murphy Stadium and the Del Mar Fair will always be that, not the San Diego County Fair. I will conform to something's, but not all, haha) and Bill and Holly have been trying to talk me into running with them. Now I do not run..AT ALL!!! But as I saw the post for Disneyland, it got me thinking, that run takes place in September and I can do that. But then it hit me, that's 13.1 miles. Too much! Then I remember seeing a run take place in Del mar one year when I was training for the 3 Day called Iron Girl Del Mar . I looked it up and its a 5 and 10K and takes place in November. 3 and 6 miles...now I can do that! So I signed up O_o

Reality has set in. By November I will be running 6 miles! For a girl who hates to run will be completing this with Holly by my side (and hopefully Megan too!). Its been 4 years since I have done something that has required some sort of training. And this is also a year a faith so I have faith that God will provide me with the motivation and energy to train and get my butt in gear :)

So here goes, starting Monday I am running for 30 minutes on a treadmill (in intervals of course) and will start working my way up to the 6 miles!

Wish me luck!

No comments: