Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm officially 29!

So it's been about a month since I was last on here, and on my burfday (hehe) I made a promise to myself to get back on here at least once a week and start journaling and posting pics :)
Well last week was kinda a crazy one. I had to do inventory again (it's now a quarterly thing up in Los Angeles) and granted we were able to get it all done in a single day...I might have to go back up and recount some things. The person who is supposed to be up there to "watch" over the guys, come to find out, has not been up there in 2 weeks!!!! He came up the day before to get ready for inventory. I was not a happy person.

But it was a short week at work since we had the 3rd off...YEAH! I made a 4th of July cake and it turned out super cute! I wish I had frosted the whole thing in chocolate frosting so you would be able to see the fireworks better, but now I know for the next time I make the cake.



And just like every 4th of July....(side note: one year when I was working at the veterinary clinic, I asked for the 4th off. The office manager, Terry, not the same one listed below, asked me why. I told her that it was my birthday. She got all excited and asked "Your birthday falls on the 4th of July this year?!?!" I couldn't help but burst out laughing. And now back to the blog already in progress) I celebrated my birthday! 29 years old. I cannot believe it! Last weekend I had a major pity party for myself, about not being in a relationship, not married, and no more kids. I got this book called "God is Your Matchmaker" and it is making some sense to me. I know that marriage is a gift that He doesn't give to everyone, but I have that yearning to get married, or is it something I'm just telling myself I want. I don't know, but I know God's got it all figured out (let's just hope He starts showing me soon what He wants me to do to move things along, lol).

For my birthday, my mom and I went scrapbooking on the 3rd all day at a Freedom Crop at our favorite scrapbook store, Ever After. We were there from 9 am to 9 pm and I actually got a lot accomplished. The store owner allowed us to have a bake sale there to help us raise money for the Survivor Crop we are participating in in October. We raised $107.00! The owner said that we could come back 3 more times in the next few months to raise more money...WOOHOO!


It seemed like a total sign as to what I was going to do for my actual birthday. On the 4th, I went and saw Stone Temple Pilots! This was the first time in 8 years they were back together and were touring. So for them to be here on the 4th , I was meant to go! They were fantastic!!!! Terry and I have had a crush on the lead singer ever since they first came out (about 15 years ago). Scott Weiland is still just as sexy as ever and we had incredible spots to watch the show. We were about 15 feet from the stage! I bought some super cute shoes, but man they totally killed my feet! I ended up with about 5 blisters! So the shoes won, but it was all worth it!






mmmm...Scott Weiland!





Stone Temple Pilots








OH, and for my gift to me...I signed up for surfing lessons! This is something I have been wanting to do for the longest time, and I finally feel like I'm in decent shape and feel comfy enough to be in a bathing suit around other people so I figured, why not! I am signed up for them on Aug 22 & 23. We will see how things go with that :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

AWESOME blog! Loved the update. I can't wait to see pictures of you surfing!! You go!!!! XOXO