Sunday, June 3, 2012

DIY Foaming Soap

Over the past few months I have been trying to find way to cut corners and save some money.  When It came time for me to refill my soap dispensers I went to the store to buy the “Foaming” soap refills.  I took a look at the cost of a small one and thought there HAS  to be a way to make my own. Well thank goodness for The Frugal Girls!  They have so many great ideas for saving some dinero Smile

I found the DIY Foaming Soap recipe and remembered that when I moved I had a HUGE container of regular Dial hand soap that I bought like 5 years ago at Costco.  I stopped using it when I fell in love with foaming soap, so full circle, it is getting much love again and I get the product I love!

Here ya go:

What you need:

  • Liquid soap (any kind works)
  • Empty Foaming Soap bottle AND the dispenser.  That is what “froths” up the soap

                 DSCN0146

Add 1 inch of liquid soap to dispenser

                            DSCN0148

Fill up dispenser to the “Fill Line” slowly with water (if you add it too quickly, it’ll just bubble up

Now…the tricky part.  DO NOT SHAKE BOTTLE!!!! You need to invert it slowly about 5-6 times until it is mixed

                                   DSCN0149

As much as you might want to shake the bottle it will just get all foamy and will not mix the soap and water.

TA-DA!!!!! You have your fancy Foaming Soap that works just as well as the refill kind you buy and for this batch (and until the huge bottle is gone) it didn’t cost me a single penny!

             DSCN0150

No comments: