Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!

Well it's officially 2009 and I am sitting on my computer waiting to purchase a (what I think) is a really cool scrapbooking kit. It's called Project 365. What it is, is a really simple way to scrapbook for each and every single day of the year! And its not really scrapbooking either. You take a picture for everyday and slide it into a page protector that is all divided to hold 7 pictures and a place to journal about what happened each day. BRB, the kit is officially on sale :)

OK well the site is super slow with all of the crazy women like me trying to order this kit, so I'll check back in a bit and see if the stupid page will download.

And now off of the scrapbooking subject. The past year was a very interesting year for me. It started out with me moving out of my 1 bedroom apartment just a few buildings down into a 2 bedroom which I was going to share with a friend Brad. He moved in and within 4 months he bailed on me! Yes, I have wonderful "friends". He also only left me 1/2 of his rent for the months he bailed out on. Fan-frickin-tastic! Needless to say, God has provided a way for me to stay in the 2 bedroom as I am pretty much settled in here. Also in January, after 4 years I finally saw the elusive Randy (Caleb's dad). I flew out to Vegas and was so scared that he would not show up, but he did. We spent the most time together that we had ever spent a whopping 3 whole days! I got so very much needed closure and found out why he is the way he is (a very long story).

In April my brother got married to his long time girlfriend, Holly up in Yosemite. It was a very "them" wedding and was very nice. I'm happy to say that they are doing wonderfully and are both adapting to living with someone other than a sibling.

May came and off to Israel I went! I'm what my friend calls "a goner". I want to go back to badly. The first time I was just in complete shock and awe. To be in the places where Jesus performed His miracles was amazing! The next time I go I will still be in awe, but not so much shock :)

When I came back from Israel, Dave and I gave us another try. We dated the previous year (2007) just shy of a year. This time we only lasted 4 months. Needless to say that accusations were thrown around and feelings and thoughts were brought up from our past attempt at the relationship.

Scrapbook vent: ARRRRRRGH!!!! After only 20 minutes the kit went out of stock! I had it in my stupid cart, but the website would not accept my password, so I had to go back, reassign the password and then when I came back to re-log in, it was gone! I am so frustrated with this, that I actually called the corporate offices and complained! I normally don't do this, but I'm upset.

And now back to our blog already in progress:

Anyways, after Dave and I finished I decided I would give me a belated birthday present, I went to the gym and got a trainer! Kyle has whipped my butt into shape and I am happy to say that I have lost 30 lbs and dropped 2 (almost 3) pant sizes in 4 months! I complain sometimes, but I know that he is just doing his job and when I look back at pictures from May, man I really appreciate him!

I also met an incredible man in October. Well re-met him. Jason and I worked together back when we were in high school 10-11 years ago. We knew that we both went to the same church, but it seemed like we were always with someone when we would run into each other. One night I was helping out at a concert at church, and my friend Harry, came up asking how Dave and I were doing (I had put our relationship on a prayer card) I told Harry that God decided to take care of the relationship. Harry asked if he could pray for me for anything and I told him, yes a guy. I told him what I wanted, even the small physical features such as tattoos and facial hair, he smiled and said OK, I'll start praying for you. Well 3 week later, here was Jason.

He is the most sincere man I have ever dated. we have been guarding our hearts for the past 3 months and last night, Jason looked at me and told me that his wall around his heart was starting to disappear and told me that he was starting to fall in love with me! It made me smile from ear to ear! It was a fantastic way to start the New Year (he told me that at 2:00 am).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and may God bless you all in the upcoming year!

No comments: