Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting my life back

So I am once again single! And actually this time it is nice. I am on a mission to find out what I want to do again in my life. I know that I will be staying at my current job for the fact that it is semi-easy (accept until Halloween is over) and the hours are great! I would love going back to the veterinary field, but I don't know if I have gone soft. I used to be able to handle anything that would come through the door, but this weekend I watched ER Vets on the Animal Planet and found that I became a bit sick to my tummy. Makes me question if I could stand the stupid people or poor animals who came through the doors. It's going in my prayer journal that I got for my birthday (thanks Cindy!).
I have also made a promise to myself to start scrapbooking again! No ifs, ands or buts about it. I have put it off since the beginning of the years when I had the roommate and then with my ex and I'm not taking care of anyone anymore except my sweet Hunny, so it gives me so much more time. I just need to learn to make time for it.
And I am finally getting into shape! I started going back to the gym and I am proud to say that since June, I have lost 15 lbs and have dropped a full pant size!!!!! For the first time in a long time I am under 220 lbs (YIKES! I gave out my weight, oh well) and I am on my way to finally accepting me for me. It's been a long time. But I know I look good because I ran into an old ex last week and his jaw dropped! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Who knows, maybe next year I will be adventurous enough to get into a bikini.
I'm also going to get more involved in the church. This summer mom and I helped with the Homeless Outreach through my church and it felt great! To know that you are helping people who not only need food, but God is a great feeling. I have officially been recruited to be a food server for all future outreaches :) I think I am also going to get involved in the singles group. I am not too sure how I will feel going in there as a single girl, but you know, fellowship with other people who are in the same boat as I am will be a good thing. It'll get me out of my "box" and fellowship with other great people.
So that is what is going on with me. I am also going to make a point to blog more! Since I will be scrapbooking again, I will need to remember what has happened. Since I turned 28 it seems like my brain is getting more and more mushy. I am afraid to find out what happens when I turn 30! Well I have 2 more years to see how quickly my brain goes kaput!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yay, you! :)

Glad to hear you're sorting it all out, and that the prayer journal is helping with that! :D

And if you think 28 is rough, try 38! :P

It's great to have you blogging again!